- Support Our Book Fund: The average book costs $5.00, including international shipping and customs fees. Individuals can decide how many books they would like to contribute. We are able to buy in volume providing us with excellent discounts.
- Ken Whelan Memorial Book Fund: For the summer of 2013, friends and family of Ken Whelan are donating BBW sites with copies of Dr. Seuss’ Green Eggs and Ham (Huevos verdes con jamón). Learn more about him and how to donate to this fund here.
- Adopt-A- Library: For $350 you can sponsor an entire library and help bring the love of reading to a community of children. And you’ll be able to see pictures and read stories about the library you adopt through our Library Blog.
- Adopt-A-Book Program: For $1,000 you can give one book title to all Books for a Better World libraries.
- Sponsor a Country: $7,500 helps support our efforts in each country we currently serve.
Volunteers are the heart and soul of our program! Volunteering is great way to help Books for a Better World achieve our mission. Volunteers serve in a variety of functions, but are most needed in fundraising, marketing and acting as BBW Ambassadors in our host countries. Each summer our volunteers deliver books, read to children and share their love for reading with eager children and teachers. Whether you offer a few hours or a few days a month, your investment in Books for a Better world will help us to inspire, motivate and empower children through books.
Books for a Better World is a 501(c)(3) and a Guide Star Certified nonprofit. We strive to keep administrative overhead at a minimum. Currently BBW is an all-volunteer organization. Most volunteers who deliver books pay their own way and typically stay with host families, keeping the costs at a minimum.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org